The International Democracy Summit is TMDD’s main annual activity, bringing together dozens of leaders living in Europe and the US, but coming from around the world to facilitate mutual learning between leaders about innovative, successful and sustainable methods and to design and support joint actions. However, taking into account the COVID situation, the next TMDD Summit was planned to be at the end of 2021 in a hybrid way, so with physical and online participation, but due to funding and time constraints it was postponed to 2022.
Therefore, these pre-Summit events are aimed at being a warming for the TMDD alumni before the next Summit and a way to see which the needs of the alumni are, and to get to know the Support Group Network, the next TMDD Summit host.
SGN event – 30th November, 17pm – 20pm CET
The Support Group Network (SGN) event will be the first of these pre-Summit events, and it will happen on the 30th November 2021. The event will consist of an introduction of SGN for the TMDD alumni, in which the organisation will make a presentation about its projects, objectives, their successes and issues to improve in Sweden, as well as how they have faced the problems aroused by COVID.
● 17:00-17:15 Welcoming and Introduction
● 17:15-18:00 Adnan Abdul Ghani, speaker on Empowerment and Self-organization Strategies for Better Migrant Representation
● 18:10-18:55 Eman Albohtori, speaker on SGN Communication Strategies before, under and after the Pandemic
● 19:05-19:50 Bilal Almobarak, speaker on Strategic Collaborations with Universities for Higher Education Inclusion
● 19:50-20:00 Closing Statements